This is Disney’s newest resort – opened in 2012 with the Little Mermaid wing still to be opened later this year. Although classed as a Value resort, you’ll find it more expensive than the others, more on a par with Moderate resort pricing - partly due to the fact that it is so new and partly due to the rooms it offers. It largely offers suites, providing larger families another (usually cheaper) option to booking two hotel rooms or a villa.
The Art of Animation Resort is a Hollywood Studios resort – found opposite Pop Century – therefore DHS is its closest park.
Surprisingly enough, Animation is the theme for this resort. The buildings and rooms are heavily themed around 4 different Disney animated movies – Finding Nemo, Cars and The Lion King are now opened – The Little Mermaid themed rooms will open later in 2012. The theming is exceptionally well done with reports coming out that it is very immersive, with theming extended right into the rooms.
Cars, Finding Nemo and Lion King buildings provide Family Suites:
- Sleep 6
- 2 separate bathrooms
- a master bedroom
- a separate family room containing a 2-person sleeper sofa and dining room table that pulls down to make up a double bed
- kitchenette with a fridge (with small freezer compartment), microwave, sink and coffee maker
- interior corridors, more similar to deluxe hotels than the motel feel at the value and moderate resorts
The Little Mermaid rooms, opening later in 2012, will be the more typical value hotel rooms:
- Sleep 4 (children or adults) with up to one additional child under 3 (sleeping in a pack-and-play crib)
- 2 double beds
- Only one sink in the bathroom area.
Food and drink
- Landscape of Flavours food court, located in the main building – Animation Hall. It serves quick-service meals, with five “shops”, each with a theme (burgers, pizza, world food, soup-salad-sandwiches and grab and go). It is on the dining plan.
- No traditional style restaurant
- In-room pizza delivery
- 3 pools - The Big Blue Feature Pool in the Finding Nemo courtyard, and two smaller pools – the Flippin’ Fins Pool in The Little Mermaid courtyard and the Cozy Cone Pool in the Cars courtyard.
- Wet play area
- Jogging trail
- Approximately 20-25 minute bus ride to each park.
- Like Pop Century, and unlike the other Value resorts, Art of Animation does not share its bus service with another resort
- One bus stop serves the whole resort (like the other value resorts) – located outside Animation Hall.