Adjacent to the other Disney’s All star Resorts, this is classed as being in the Animal Kingdom area of Walt Dinsey World, meaning that AK is your closest park, and Blizzard Beach will also be close by.
All Star Sports is, quite obviously, sports themed and was the first of Disney’s value hotels. Be aware that the sports featured are American, so don’t let you’re little one (or partner!) get excited about staying in a football room – because they mean American Football. Each building within the resort features a specific sport; Touchdown – American Football featuring helmets and footballs; Centre Court, being tennis themed; Homerun Hotel for baseball fans, illustrating giant bats, balls and scoreboards; Surfs Up with giant surfboards and lifeguard stands; and Hoops Hotel featuring basketballs and megaphones.
- Comfortable rooms at 260 square feet – 1,920 of them
- Option of two double beds or one king size.
- Unlike the other resorts, the king size bed rooms were initially aimed to be rooms for the disabled so these rooms will not have a bath, just a shower.
- Only one sink in the bathroom area.
- Sleep 4 (children or adults) with up to one additional child under 3 (sleeping in a pack-and-play crib).
- There is no in-room fridge, but these can be hired at an extra charge (about $10 per night)
- ‘Motel style’ with exterior corridors
- High speed Internet access at a daily charge
- Hair-dryers are not standard but may be requested.
When you book, you can pay extra for a ‘preferred location’. These are located in the Surf’s Up section, located closest to Stadium Hall (and the bus stops).
Food and drink
- The End Zone food court offers counter-service meals, located in the main building (Stadium Hall). Expect this to be busy at peak times.
- No traditional style restaurant
- Pizza delivery to room
- Sport Goofy’s Gift and Sundries store also sells basic groceries and over the counter medicines.
- Team Spirit Pool bar
- There main pool is Surfboard bay.
- The second pool is the Grand Slam, featuring a water-spouting Goofy.
- Approximately 20-25 minute bus ride to each park.
- The All Star Resorts share a bus route. Usually, the buses will be dedicated to just one of the three resorts, but when really busy, or really quiet, the bus may stop at more than one Resort.
- The bus stops are all in one location.