Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is 5 storeys tall and shares some amenities with its sister hotel, Disney’s Beach Club which is right next door. They’re lobbies are either side of a central room, and they also share Stormalong Bay – one of the best pools of any resort in Walt Disney World.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is an Epcot area resort – located along the Boardwalk, which leads up to Epcot’s International Gateway. This means you have the advantage of being able to walk right up to Epcot. Its a slightly further walk than the Beach Club (which is next door, but Epcot’s side) but not by a lot. The International Gateway brings you out between France and the United Kingdom, so you’re in a great spot to hit either the World Showcase or Future World. You’re also a short trip away from Disney’s Hollywood Studios and are conveniently located on Disney’s Boardwalk which offers a range of dining and light entertainment.
The Yacht Club is based on an 1800s New England style club. It has a nautical theme, with ships and their design brought into the hotel – lots of shiny hard wood and brass. It more of a grandiose feel to it than the neighbouring Beach Club.
- Sleep either 1 to 4 or 1 to 5, plus one child under the age of three.
- Bedding combinations vary, and can be any one of the following: one queen-size bed and a day bed, 2 queen-size beds, 2 queen-size beds and a day bed, one king-size bed or one king-size bed and a day bed.
- Bath and vanity area with 2 sinks
- Private full balcony with table and chairs
- Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, , hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator.
- Microwave, rollaway bed and crib are available upon request.
- High-speed Internet access (additional fee)
The main choices are:
- Standard view – views of Resort grounds, gardens, parking lots or service areas.
- Water view – offer views of a quiet pool or Crescent Lake. A few rooms offer a view of Stormalong Bay.
- Garden Club – offering views of the Resort Gardens or pools. Concierge service at the Regatta Club, located on the fifth floor, includes personalized Front Desk and Guest Services, pre-arrival Walt Disney World Resort Itinerary Planning, with the opportunity to book and experience the Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park for an additional per person fee, complimentary DVD rentals, turndown service and lounge with beverages, continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine, cheese, cordials and dessert.
- Lagoon Club offers the above concierge service, with a view of the lagoon.
In addition to the standard options, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort also offers a limited number of suites. You will need to contact the Walt Disney Travel Company directly to explore these options.
Food and drink
- Captain’s Grille – offering breakfast, lunch and dinner, this is a buffet style restaurant serving American style fare.
- Ale and Compass – opens early to serve a la carte breakfast in the morning and wine, beers and snacks later on.
- Crew’s Cup – selling wine, bears and light bites.
- The Yachtsman Steakhouse – an upscale restaurant specialising in Steak. Serves dinner only.
You also have very easy access to all of the dining options offered at the neighbouring Beach Club Resort.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is located on the Boardwalk, which also offers a wide range of restaurants.
- Stormalong Bay – taking up over 3 acres and meant to be the best hotel pool on Walt Disney World property, with 750,000 gallons of water. Shared with neighbouring Yacht Club, you need your hotel key guard to gain access, as so many non-hotel guests began to try it out. It features a number of connecting pools, a shipwreck and a very high water slide. The pools are varying; calm, swirling, warm or cool. There is also an elevated tanning deck and sections of the pool are sand-bottomed.
- There are also quiet pools and Guppy Bay – a kids pool.
- Beach – next to Crescent lake where you can relax on the deck chairs or build sand castles – but not swim in the lake.
- Water craft rentals, including Sea Raycers and Pontoon boats
- Ship Shape Health Club – a fitness centre complimentary to resort guests. Any spa treatments available will be at an additional cost.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is a short walk away from Epcot’s International Gateway entrance. You’re a little bit further from it than at the Beach Club Resort but it is still an easy walk. If you prefer you can take one of the Friendship boats that run regularly. The same also applies to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but the walk is much further so I would recommend the boat. You can get a Disney bus to all the other parks and Downtown Disney. You’re located right on the Boardwalk so only have to leave your hotel to reach that and can either walk or get a boat to Disney′s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course at the front of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels, located further along the Boardwalk.