Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is found directly on Disney’s BoardWalk, which in itself is a treat, with elements of night time entertainment, a beach and a number of restaurants. In terms of parks, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is classed as an Epcot area hotel. It is in fact just a short boat ride away from the International Gateway Entrance of Epcot, bringing you out in the World Showcase, and from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. If you fancy a stroll you can walk to both of these.
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is styled on Atlantic City in the 1940s. It has a end-of-pier style feel to it, set on the BoardWalk which has nightly amusements, inducing a carnival atmosphere. The hotel itself feels quite elegant, but also encapsulates the BoardWalk feel with images of carousels and tinkling music.
- Sleep 4, plus one child under the age of three. Some rooms can accommodate an additional child.
- 2 queen-size beds or one king-size bed
- Vanity area with 2 sinks and bath
- Table and chairs,
- Some rooms offer junior-size day bed and a private balcony.
- Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, refrigerator and Pack ‘n Play® playard. A full-size crib is available upon request.
- High-speed Internet access (additional fee)
- Standard view – generally located in the Main Building, these offer views of a garden, leisure pool or parking area
- Water view rooms offer a view of the BoardWalk and Crescent Lake.
Non standard options will require you to speak directly to the Walt Disney Travel company as they are not available online.
- Standard Club rooms have concierge service at the Innkeepers Club. This includes personalized Front Desk Services, turndown service and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese and evening cordials and dessert. The rooms are similar to a standard room with the same amenities and are located in the Main Building, offering a view of the courtyard, leisure pool or BoardWalk.
- The Garden Club suites have the same concierge offerings as the standard club, however the suites are located in Garden cottages, with picket fences, their own patios or balconies and some even have private entrances. They are two storeys and although were designed for honeymooners, they will sleep 4. These are 2-level suites, with a bedroom loft, a parlor and one-and-a-half baths, including a whirlpool tub in the master bathroom.. Stairs lead to the second-floor bedroom loft, which have a king-size bed. The parlor, located on the ground floor, has a queen-size sleeper sofa.
Food and drink
Unlike all the other resorts, you are quite limited in terms of dining options actually within your hotel. The Belle Vue Lounge serves coffee and pastries early on, with snacks and alcohol later in the day. There is alos a poolside bar, Leaping Horse Libations, serving drinks and snacks, located next to Luna Pool. However, you are located in the middle of all the options that Disney’s BoardWalk has to offer. These include:
- Big River Grille and Brewing works – serving sandwiches, salads etc
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora – a Greek/mediterranean style restaurant
- BoardWalk Bakery – cakes and pastries – ideal for a quick bite in the morning – or any other time
- Pizza window – does exactly what it says on the tin
- ESPN club – showing every kind of sport while you eat/drink.
- Flying Fish – a signature seafood restaurant.
There is also a poolside bar, Leaping Horse Libations, serving drinks and snacks, located next to Luna Pool.
- Swimming – there are three pools at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn. The 200-foot Keister Coaster is the water slide at the main Luna Park Pool.
- Kiddies playground, near Luna Pool
- Muscles & Buscles Health Club – I love the name of this gym! State of the art equipment is complimentary to hotel guests, with limited spa treatments available at an extra cost.
- Water craft rentals, including pontoon boats and Sea Raycers.
- Tennis – with equipment to borrow
- Bike rentals, including surrey bikes
- Fishing excursions from the marina
- Side Show Games arcade
- You also have all the entertainment of the BoardWalk which includes jugglers, magic shows and midway games.
One of the advantages to Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is its location – you’re in an ideal location for both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You can either walk or get the friendship boat to both of these – you’re in the middle between the two. You can also get a Disney bus to all the other theme parks and to Downtown Disney. you’re also a short walk away from the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels, in front of which is Disney′s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course.